½ cup uncooked mini sago pearls
20 to 25 pieces glutinous rice balls
5 cups coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup ripe jackfruit, shredded
1 cup glutinous rice flour
½ cup water
1. In a pot over medium heat, bring about 6 cups water to a boil. Add sago pearls and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until soft and translucent. Rinse and drain well.
2. In a deep pot over medium heat, combine coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add glutinous rice balls and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until they begin to float to top.
4. Add coconut cream and stir to combine. Add sago and jackfruit and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
5. For the Glutinous Rice Balls. In a small bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water into a stiff but pliable dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour and if too crumbly, add a little bit more water. Using the palms of hands, form about 1 teaspoon of dough into smooth balls.
6. Cover prepared balls with cloth until ready to use.