250 g. butter, softened
140 g. castor sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
100 g. full cream milk
100 g. semolina flour; toasted
6 egg yolks
130 g. plain flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
50 g. almond; toasted and grinded
6 egg whites
30 g. castor sugar
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Cream butter with 140 g. sugar till pale and fluffy. Add vanilla, milk and semolina flour. Set aside for 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line around 8 inch pan with high sides.
3. Whip egg whites until bubbling. Add cream of tartar. Then gradually add 30 g. of sugar until stiff peaks.
4. To the butter mixture, add the egg yolks one at a time. Then add flour, baking powder and salt followed by the almonds.
5. Fold in the meringue in 3 parts into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 150°C and bake for another 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven, let it stand for 5 minutes before turning out to a wired rack to cool completely.