semolina (coarse) 2 ½ cups
coconut (desiccated) 1 cup
self-raising flour ½ cup
caster sugar 1 cup
yoghurt 200 g.
vanilla extract 1 tsp.
almonds 25 (approx.)
unsalted butter ( melted) 200 g.
caster sugar 1 ½ cups
lime juice/ lemon juice 1 tsp.
rose water 1 tsp.
water 1 cup
1. Take bowl, mix the above ingredients (semolina, coconut, caster sugar, self-raising flour, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla).
2. Spread the mixture into a greased baking tray.
3. And cut into diamond shapes.
4. Put one almond in the center of each diamond.
5. Place the tray in an oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30-40 min until it is golden brown.
6. Place a separate pan and bring sugar and water to a boil until the sugar dissolves.
7. Low down the flame for 5 min and then stir lemon juice and rosewater.
8. Take away from the heat and now allow it to cool.
9. Pour the syrup over the Basbousa Recipe cake, let it cool at room temperature and serve it.