semolina ½ kg.
sugar ½ kg.
clarified butter 1 cup
cardamom 4 to 5
kewra essence few drops
almond pistachio as required
food color 1/3 tsp.
white flour ½ kg.
baking soda 1 pinch
oil for fry
salt as required
clarified butter 2 to 3 tbsp.
1. To make the puris take a mixing bowl and add white flour(maida), ghee, a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix well till a smooth dough is formed.
2. Divide the dough into equal portions and roll into small balls. With the help of a rolling pin, roll each ball into thin circular discs.
3. Deep fry the puris on a high flame until they turn light brown.
4. To make the halwa: take a pan and cook semolina on a medium flame till it changes color. Add ghee, small cardamoms and sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
5. Then add chopped almonds and pistachios followed by yellow food color.
6. Continue stirring until the semolina is fully cooked and its texture turns smooth.
7. Lastly add a few drops of kewra and garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.