1 lb. ground beef
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups water
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (regular corn)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place the 2 cups of water and long grain rice in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, place a lid on, set timer for 20 minutes and cook rice until done. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl.
3. In large mixing bowl, add the jar of salsa to the ground beef. Also add chili powder, Mexicorn, rice and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined well.
4. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish. Put rice mixture into dish. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. At 30 minutes, take off lid/foil. Add shredded cheddar cheese evenly over top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve.