1 cup rice (long grained or medium variety)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
1 onion 3 cloves of garlic (as per taste)
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1-2 green chilies
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 large tomatoes, chopped finely
1 carrot, cubed
1 pkt. Seitan, cut into small chunks
1/2 cup each of chopped beans and peas
salt to taste
cilantro or parsley to garnish
1. Add 1/4 tsp groundnut oil, add the cumin seeds and when they splutter add onions along with ginger, garlic and chilies
2. Add the chopped carrots next and sauté for a minute with little salt.
3. Add the tomato paste, tomatoes along with curry powder. Cook until tomatoes get slightly soft. Add the rice next. Sauté for another 2 minutes or so.
4. Add 3 cups of vegetable stock/water, required salt, close the lid and cook until 90% cooked
5. Add the frozen peas and beans along with Seitan. Hence added they last along with frozen vegetables. If using fresh add it along with rice.
6. Stir it until well combined, add nutmeg and cook for another 5-6 minutes or so for the flavors to get together. Add lots of garnish and serve hot.