6 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 cup Wheaties cereal
1 cup wheat germ
1½ cup nuts chopped roughly pistachios and almonds (pecans or sunflower seeds)
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
¼ cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup honey
¾ cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
yogurt of your choice
fruit of your choice
drizzle of honey
1. Mix all wet ingredients until smooth – honey, oil and vanilla extract.
2. Mix all dry ingredients – from the start to 1 cup honey.
3. Mix all these ingredients, place in single layer on a large 10 x 15 sheet baking pans.
4. Bake 225 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 to 20 minutes while baking.
5. Remove from oven; stir every 20 minutes until cool. This prevents the granola from forming clumps. Parfaits: in a small mason jar, layer yogurt, homemade granola, fruit, and drizzle with honey. Put the lid on the mason jar and keep refrigerated.