1/2 cup pearl barley
150 g smoked pork
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 liters of stock (for cooking)
1. Soak the pearl barley. Rinse the pearl barley until the water is clear and leave for at few hours covered with a water. If you don’t have time to do that, you can boil it straight away on medium heat for about 20-25 min.
2. Put the pork in the pan, cover with stock and also add the pearl barley and boil.
3. Chop your potatoes and onions. Once pear barley is soft, you can add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Once the water has evaporated, add cumin, salt and pepperr.
5. Serve in a bowl or in a nice round shape with some bread, sour cream.