rice 2 cups
onion chopped 2 t spoons
garlic paste 1 t spoon
tomato chopped 1 med
green chilies 2/3 long slatted
red chili powder half t spoon
coriander powder 1 t spoon
turmeric powder little
green coriander chopped
oil 2 t spoons
salt as per taste
desi ghee 2 t spoons and green coriander for garnishing
cumin seeds 1 t spoon
curry leaves few
red dry chilies 2
garlic flakes crushed 3/4 but optional
1. Rice 2 cups wash and soak for half an hour then drained. In a thick bottom pot add oil and heat it. Add tadaka items and fry a little. Add onion chopped and salute a minute.
2. Add Garlic paste and salute a minute Add tomato chopped and salute a minute. Add salt masala powders and salute a minute. Now add dal rice and salute for 2/3 minutes.
3. Add hot water double of dal rice and green coriander little.
4. Mix well and let it be cooked on high flame. Let it reaches to boil. Put gas on sim now.
5. Cover and let it be cooked for 2 / 3 minutes more. Now pour desi ghee allover on it. Again cover and cook for 2 / 3 minutes. When done put off the gas. Rest it for 5 minutes.
6. Now transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh grated coconut and green coriander.
7. Your Dal Rice Khichadi is ready to serve.