1 cup sugar
1 1⁄4 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1⁄4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (recommend Jello)
4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
1 9-inch baked pie crust
sweetened whipped cream (optional)
1. Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
2. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
3. Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
4. Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
5. Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
6. Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
7. Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.