12 large eggs
2 c sugar
2 c heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons vanilla
6 c whole milk
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup alcohol of your choice
1. In a large deep pan, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt while gradually adding in 4 cups of whole milk.
2. Stir mixture over a low heat until thermometer reaches 160 degrees, do not allow it to come to a boil though (important).
3. Once it reaches 160 degrees, Immediately transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
4. Stir in the vanilla, nutmeg and leftover whole milk.
5. Next you put the bowl in an ice water bath, gently mixing until it is cool, then refrigerate for 2 1/2 hours, covered.
6. When ready to serve, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks start to form then gently mix it into the cold eggnog mixture.
7. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.