6 large apples
1 cup butter
1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry the apples.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat stir the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
4. Bring to a boil stirring constantly and cook until a candy-thermometer read 245 degrees F.
5. Remove from heat and stir-in vanilla extract.
6. Dip each apple into the hot caramel and immediately add toppings if desired.
7. Place on prepared baking sheet and allow to cool before serving.