1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (thighs can be substituted), cut into
olive oil cooking spray or olive oil for misting
1/2 cup honey, or to taste (sauce)
1/4 cup yellow mustard (sauce)
1/4 cup dijon mustard (sauce)
1. Preheat an extra-large 5.8-quart Cosori Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. To a large, shallow bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and stir to combine; set aside.
3. To a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, about 30 seconds on high power.
4. Working in batches, dip the chicken in the butter, then in the crumb mixture, assertively patting to help the coating adhere.
5. Place the coated chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. Do not allow them to touch, and don't crowd them.
6. Optionally if desired, give them a quick and light mist with olive oil spray.
7. Air fry them for about 7 to 8 minutes total, flipping once halfway through with a tongs. When you flip them, if desired, spray again with a light misting of olive oil spray. Exact cooking time will vary based on your air fryer, the size of your chicken pieces, and until you know how your air fryer behaves, would start checking for doneness by 5 minutes in case it runs on the hot side. These small pieces of chicken really don't take very long to cook.
8. Place chicken on a serving platter and repeat the process with the remaining chicken, likely two more rounds. Tip - While one batch is air frying, work ahead and start buttering and coating the next batch of chicken in the panko-parm mixture.
9. Make the honey mustard dipping sauce: While the last batch is air frying, to a medium bowl add the honey, mustards, whisk to combine, taste and check for flavor balance, adding more honey or mustard to taste if necessary; set aside until ready to serve with chicken.