2.5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 to 1.5-inch chunks (salad)
kosher salt, to taste (salad)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste (salad)
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided; or as needed (salad)
1.50 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (salad)
1 large red onion, cut into large chunks (salad)
1 teaspoon paprika (salad)
1 teaspoon ground ginger (salad)
1 teaspoon cardamom (salad)
12 ounces spring greens (salad)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (salad)
1/2 cup shelled pistachio or pumpkin seeds (salad)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons mustard
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Salad - Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup (recommended).
2. Add the sweet potatoes, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, generously season with salt and pepper, and toss with your hands to coat evenly. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove sheet pan from the oven, flip and toss the sweet potatoes, and push them to one side of the sheet pan.
4. To the other side of the sheet pan, add the chicken, red onion, evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, generously season with salt and pepper, and toss with your hands to coat evenly.
5. Evenly season everything on the sheet pan with the paprika, ginger, cardamom, and return the sheet pan to the oven and roast for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken, if you used 2 full pounds, the size of your sweet potato chunks, and being that this is quite a hot oven, check starting at 15 minutes and check often so you don’t overcook the chicken which can dry out quickly.
6. Add the lettuce mixture to your bowl, top with the roasted sweet potatoes, chicken, and red onions.
7. Evenly sprinkle with the cranberries, nuts/seeds, and top with your favorite dressing or vinaigrette.
8. Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette - In a small glass jar or container with a lid, add all ingredients, put the lid on and shake vigorously until combined; taste vinaigrette and tweak as necessary to taste. Drizzle over the salad and serve.