1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 6 ounce chicken breast
1/2 cup uncooked orzo
1 tablespoon butter
1. Combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish and pour marinade over the chicken. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
4. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until completely cooked through and chicken is no longer pink inside.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover it with a piece of foil and allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes.
6. While the chicken is baking, make the orzo. Fill a medium sized pot 3/4 full with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Add dried orzo to the pot and boil the orzo about 8 minutes or until it has a firm, chewy texture, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking together.
7. Drain orzo in a colander. Add the orzo back into the warm pot and stir in the butter. Slice the chicken and serve over cooked orzo. Servings: 1 person. Serve over rice or orzo pasta. For a low carb variation, serve in a lettuce wrap.