1-2 tablespoons oil
1 onion- diced
4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
1 - 1¼ lbs. chicken breast diced into cube
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon chili power
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon dried mexican oregano
⅛ - ¼ teaspoons chipotle powder or cayenne
1 tomato - diced
1 small can diced green chilies (optional)
4 cups chicken stock
4 cups water
4 ounces’ dry linguini noodles
juice of one lime
garnish with avocado slices, fresh cilantro,
scallions and lime
1. In a large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven, sauté onion in 1-2 T olive oil over med-high heat for two minutes.
2. Add chicken and garlic. Sauté 5-6 minutes until it begins to brown, stirring often.
3. Add salt and spices, oregano and cook 1 more minute. Add tomato, chilies, stock and water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
4. Once boiling, add pasta, resisting the temptation to add more (it will swell). Bring to a boil once more, turn heat to medium, and simmer ten minutes or until pasta is done cooking.
5. Squeeze the lime, taste, adjust salt if necessary.
6. Place in bowls and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro and scallions and serve with a wedge of lime.