4 baking potatoes
8 slices thick-cut bacon, fried
2 sticks butter, cut into slices
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. With a paper towel, rub the outside of the potatoes with canola oil. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked inside and the skins are slightly crisp. Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
3. Dice the fried bacon into bits. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, butter, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper into a large bowl.
4. While the potatoes are still hot, hold each potato in a clean towel and cut in half lengthwise. With a large spoon, scrape out the insides into the bowl with the other ingredients. Repeat until all the potatoes have been scrapped. Reserve the potato skins on a large baking sheet.
5. Use a potato masher to mix the ingredients together. Stir in 1 cup of the grated Cheddar cheese. Add sliced green onions to the bowl. Stir, taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
6. Fill each potato half with the potato mixture and return to the baking sheet. Top with remaining 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are hot.