1 large sweet potato, about 450-500 g/ 1 - 1.1 lb
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ - ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
¼ teaspoon turmeric
fine sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel, wash and dry the sweet potato. Slice it in 1 cm/ 0.4 inch thick slices. Place the slices in a roasting tin.
3. Pour the olive oil on top. Add the grated garlic clove and all the spices.
4. Rub the slices with the hands to make sure that there are all coated with spices and oil.
5. Arrange in the tin in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven. Check after 30 minutes by poking the sweet potatoes with a fork. They should be really soft, slightly caramelized and slightly browned at the edges. If they are not perfectly soft, allow them 5 more minutes and check again.