4-5 small zucchini spears, cut on an angle
1-2 tbsp. milk
1 c. Italian-style bread crumbs or finely blended croutons
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
butter or cooking spray
1. Line a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine eggs and milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
3. Dip each zucchini piece into the egg mixture, then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated in crumbs. Place zucchini on baking sheet, spray the top of each with cooking/butter spray and then bake in the oven at 425-degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. For an added crisp, turn the oven to broil and cook for about 30-45 seconds longer or until golden (watch them closely to prevent burning). Remove from oven and serve hot with ranch dressing or marinara/pizza sauce for dipping.
5. If you really want them fried, you can follow the same preparation instructions but instead of baking: fry in a shallow pan of vegetable oil, turning once to brown on each side.