2 cups 12 ounces diced or shredded cooked chicken (such as rotisserie chicken meat)
1 ½ cups enchilada sauce
1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheese
8-6-inch corn tortillas
sliced green onion,
diced avocado or guacamole
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, half of the enchilada sauce (about ¾ cup) and half of the cheese (about ½ cup).
3. Place 4 of the tortillas in the bottom of the prepared dish, tearing them as necessary to cover the bottom (overlapping is fine).
4. Top with half of the chicken mixture and drizzle with ¼ cup of enchilada sauce. Repeat layers one more time.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes (until cheese melted and casserole is hot and bubbly). Garnish with optional toppings!