16 ounces salmon fillets (four 4-ounce pieces)
olive oil as needed
kosher salt as needed
black pepper freshly cracked, as needed
8 cups lettuce (romaine, spinach or kale)
1 cup tomatoes chopped
1 cup cucumber diced; ¼-inch thick
1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup red bell pepper diced; ¼-inch thick
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice plus zest of one lemon (vinaigrette)
1/2 cup olive oil (vinaigrette)
1 tablespoon dijon mustard (vinaigrette)
1 teaspoon honey (vinaigrette)
2 cloves garlic minced (vinaigrette)
8 basil leaves fresh (vinaigrette)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh (vinaigrette)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (vinaigrette)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked (vinaigrette)
1. Salmon Salad. Lightly season both sides of the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on both sides to coat. Heat grill to medium high. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil.
2. Once the grill is nice and hot, add the seasoned salmon fillets. Cook salmon uncovered about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until flaky (about 130-140°F). Remove the salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm. Remove skin if still attached.
3. In a large bowl add salad ingredients lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, cheese and walnuts. Set aside.
4. Lemon Basil Vinaigrette. Add lemon juice, zest, olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until well combined and a slightly thick and opaque dressing is achieved, about 30 seconds. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
5. To Serve. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat the ingredients, you will have extra dressing. Evenly divide mixture among four bowls and top with 1 salmon fillet. Drizzle each salmon with more dressing.