1/2 cup raw celery
1 cup raw mushrooms, brown
1 cup raw mushrooms, white
1 cup raw scallions
3/4 cup raw onion
2 tbsp butter, light
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 cup chicken broth
1 tsp thyme
1. Melt the butter in a stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add onions and celery. Cook and stir until tender, but not browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in thyme and mushrooms, and continue cooking until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour chicken stock into the pot, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Ladle into bowls, and serve with green onions sprinkled on the top.