1 tsp olive oil
1 onion diced
1 celery stalk finely chopped
200 g (approximately 2) carrots finely sliced
200 g (approximately 2) parsnips chopped
200 g (approximately half) sweetheart cabbage chopped
50 g (1 large handful) kale
400 g tin of canillini beans drained and rinsed
1 - 1 1/2 litres stock to just cover the vegetables
1. Place the oil, onion and celery into a pan and heat over a medium heat to soften slightly for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the vegetables and stock and bring to the boil. For a thicker soup, use 1 litre, for a thinner soup use 1 1/2 liters.
3. Let the vegetables bubble away over a medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes until the carrots are just tender.
4. Add the drained beans and allow the soup to simmer for a further 5 minutes until the beans are completely heated through.
5. Take the soup off of the heat and allow to cool slightly before blitzing with a hand blender until smooth.
6. Serve with toasted rye bread topped with mashed avocado.