2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, sliced
½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
6 apples, diced
½ teaspoon ground allspice
3 sage leaves
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in skillet and add onions. Caramelize, stirring occasionally over low heat for 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, puree apples in food processor with the stock.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the butter and flour and cook over low heat. Once the flour and butter start to bubble add the stock and pureed apples.
4. Add sage leaves and allspice. Cover, and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes
5. Once the onions are caramelized, add to soup stock. Puree everything together using a food processor or hand blender. Taste for salt and serve.