1 kg of butternut pumpkin peeled and deseeded and cut into wedges
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
3 tablespoons of olive oil
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
2 brown onions, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
2 sticks of celery, chopped
1.25 litres of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons of cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
2. Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and cover with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, nutmeg, honey, salt and pepper. Toss to ensure the pumpkin is coated evenly and roast in the oven until the pumpkin is softened and cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a large stock pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium low heat and add the onion, garlic and celery. Cook until the onion is softened and golden. Reduce the heat if necessary, to stop the onion burning.
4. Add the pumpkin to the pot along with the stock and rosemary. Stir to combine and then blend with a stick blender until smooth. Alternately pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Return the pot to the hot plate and add the cream and stir through and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.