1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
1/2 cup finely grated low fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
3. In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper.
5. Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
6. Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through, larger breasts may take more time (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
7. Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional).