4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons honey
1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons water
2 -3 teaspoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon freshly ground gingerroot
2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F. Select a sturdy oven dish - preferably non-stick. Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
2. Mix the honey, mustard, water, ginger & crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
3. Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.
5. To pan fry, heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts - dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of colour and add the cooking sauce, mix well and cook for about 20- 30 minutes over a medium heat. Serve as before.