1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces (cauliflower mash)
1 cup chicken stock (cauliflower mash)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (cauliflower mash)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (cauliflower mash)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste (cauliflower mash)
1/4 cup cream or half-n-half (cauliflower mash)
4 oz cream cheese (cauliflower mash)
1/2 can sliced carrots
1/2 can green beans
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons almond flour
3 tablespoon tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 package dry gravy mix, low carb
1 tablespoon worcestershire
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, to top casserole with
1. Make recipe of Cauliflower Mash (recipe below) and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add onion and beef cook until well browned, then stir in almond flour and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, water, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add gravy mix and let cook for 5 min.
4. Spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Next, spread a layer of carrots; then sprinkle cooked green beans over the carrots. Top with the Cauliflower Mash mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Cauliflower Mash (to top Shepherd's Pie). Place cauliflower and chicken stock in a medium sized saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer of medium-high heat and cook until completely tender (about 10-15 minutes). Most of the chicken stock cooks down while the cauliflower cooks. Add garlic powder, cream cheese, salt and pepper, to taste; stir in cream and puree with a blender until completely smooth (or use a food processor).